GS Don Morris, Ph.D.
Ever listened in while you children were playing out on the playground? You can learn a lot about your child’s character as well as the characters your child “hangs out with”! There is usually a “pecking order”, you know a couple of kids who serve as the captains and “pick their players”. These “leaders” learn at an early age to use language as a major weapon against their classmates. Often in a situation when a certain play disrupts in arguments, the clever leader steps up and “rips” the leader and players using offensive language, body positioning power stances, ridiculing select other players on the opposing team and basically controlling the verbal exchanges-one team usually “backs down” and gives in to this type of leadership.
Children learn an enhanced lesson-use the power of language embedded with enough half truths to be considered plausible and you have now latched onto one of the most powerful weapon systems in the world-cognitive warfare. You control the narrative and always put your opponents on the defensive.
In order for cognitive warfare to be effective one side in the war must have the following behavioral needs: a desire to never offend anyone, wanting to be looked upon favorably, avoid confrontation at all costs and believing that you are superior to the other party but you must uphold your humanness values through appeasement. I call these conditions of support that unwittingly leads to our downfall as a nation.
Our enemies are very intelligent and clever. They almost seem to know us better than we know ourselves. They learned many years ago that there is more than simply conventional warfare to destroy an enemy; control a country’s narrative and over a period of time you defeat them from within.
What is an operational strategy to utilize this powerful cognitive weapon system? First, infiltrate inside your enemy’s major institutions, i.e., law enforcement, academia (K-University), government, government, business to name but a few. Infiltration demands a lengthy time frame and thus you must be incredibly patient and not require immediate gratification. The endgame of the infiltration is to shift the institution’s narrative toward one’s enemy. Multiple tactics are use.
The following represent a short list of tactics and serve only as examples demonstrating how insidious is their penetration into our Western society and culture.
· Appear the victim and draw attention to your victim condition
· Demonstrate the conflict that obviously exists between victim treatment and the greater society’s belief in humanness
· Publicly cry out how you are being mistreated
· Create “support” groups in certain of the aforementioned institutions and get them to assist you
· Align yourself with counter-culture groups who despise the American culture-use them as co-conspirators-you remain a silent component-let them do the work for you
There are many additional tactics; I only want you, in this article, to be introduced to a few.
Second, shift the accepted cultural mores and behaviors over a long period of time. Again, there are multiple tactics currently in play as I write-here are several:
· Run for local political office, e.g., school board, city council, planning board, 527 groups to identify a few. Use your position to make favorable political decisions for your group
· Target specific individuals/groups and begin a campaign of delegitimization using many different techniques
· Create outreach programs designed to enroll others outside your group to believe something positive about your group yet is contrary to your actual intent.
· Initiate legal action against those who oppose your point of view
· Slowly introduce changes to the local, regional, state and finally federal legal system making it illegal for anyone to dare confront your positions
· Increase your population so that your group comprises between 5-10% of the country’s total population. When this happens, the research shows you emerge the winner!
All of the preceding are non-military weapons, the per unit cost is a fraction of any military armament or weapons’ systems. Our enemy learned this a long time ago and for literally “a song and a dance” realized the weapons of cognition. They are organized, focused, they veer not off message and realize how vulnerable America and the rest of the West is to this tool.